Blue Water Baltimore’s mission is to restore the quality of Baltimore’s rivers, streams and Harbor to foster a healthy environment, a strong economy and thriving communities.
For too long, Baltimore’s waterways have been dumping grounds for contaminated stormwater runoff, trash, sewage, and toxic chemicals. This pollution not only harms our environment, it also threatens our citizens’ health and the vitality of our local economy.
Blue Water Baltimore works to reduce pollution using a comprehensive approach:
- We connect resources from the public and private sectors
- We work hand-in-hand with the communities we serve
- We monitor water quality and hold polluters accountable
- We plant trees and replace hard surfaces with gardens
- We educate residents and school children to help them reduce pollution
- We advocate in Annapolis for laws to fix the problems we see first hand
Clean Water. Strong Communities.
Blue Water Baltimore fills a unique role in the Baltimore area as an organization that uses a holistic set of programs to meet the great challenges of improving water quality. From arts and education, to stormwater management projects, to legal and legislative advocacy, we bring together citizens and our public and private partners to accomplish more than any of us could do alone.