Meet Our Staff
Blue Water Baltimore staff are passionate and committed to bringing our mission to life every single day.
Jenn Aiosa, Executive Director
Jenn Aiosa is a long-time member of Maryland’s environmental community, having worked on science and policy issues for several organizations.
Jenn previously worked as the Director of Conservation Programs at for the Chesapeake Conservancy and Director of Policy and Planning Research for the Maryland Department of Planning. Jenn also worked for the Environmental Defense Fund and as the Senior Scientist of the Chesapeake Bay Foundation (Maryland office). She has also worked for the University of Maryland Cooperative Extension Service on a multi-state water quality program, and for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources on Maryland’s Coastal Bays National Estuary Program.
In her free time, Jenn enjoys volunteering at Patterson Park, cycling, and gardening.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 125
- Email: jaiosa [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- M.S. Environmental Sciences (University of Virginia); B.S. Marine Sciences (University of South Carolina)
Jill Cecil, Director of Finance and Administration
Jill supports and oversees management of finances and budgeting, human resources, and operations. With more than 20 years of experience, Jill has a solid background in both for-profit and non-profit finances.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 102
- Email: jcecil [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- A.A. Accounting (Community College of Baltimore County); A.A. Education (Notre Dame College)
Angela Haren, Director of Advocacy and the Baltimore Harbor Waterkeeper
Angela Haren leads the Baltimore Harbor Waterkeeper program, which includes advocacy, enforcement, and water quality monitoring to protect and restore Baltimore’s waterways.
As an environmental and natural resource attorney, Angela has extensive experience in both marine and fresh water resource management. Prior to joining Blue Water Baltimore, she co-founded Clear Resource Law, a firm specializing in legal and policy services for environmental projects.
She brings over fourteen years of non-profit experience including serving as a contract attorney for the Natural Resources Defense Council and Program Director for California Coastkeeper Alliance.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 112
- Email: aharen [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- J.D. Environmental Law (Golden Gate University); M.P.P. Environmental and Natural Resource Policy (University of California, Los Angeles); B.A. Comparative Literature (University of California, Davis)
Blue Water Baltimore Staff
Michel Anderson, Senior Manager of Ecoliteracy & Engagement
As the Senior Manager of Ecoliteracy & Engagement, Michel develops and facilitates experiential education activities to help Baltimore residents, institutional staff, and students understand the connection between our streets and streams.
Before joining Blue Water Baltimore, Michel worked as the Ecoliteracy & Sustainability Coordinator for the Waldorf School of Baltimore where he developed original nature-based educational programming and managed a variety of sustainability initiatives.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 121
- Email: manderson [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- Master of Education (Sustainability and Nature-based Education); B.A. Visual Art and Photography
Darin Crew, Senior Manager of Forestry & Restoration
Darin leads our Nursery, Youthworks Program, and Urban Forestry planting and maintenance programs.
Before joining Blue Water Baltimore, Darin worked at one of Blue Water Baltimore’s legacy organizations (Herring Run Watershed) after serving as a fellow for the Chesapeake Bay Program and pulling seine nets for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 104
- Email: dcrew [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- B.S. Biology (University of North Carolina); Certified Professional Horticulturalist (Maryland Nursery and Landscape Association
Jennifer Duffy, Development Manager
- Phone: 410-254-1577 x107
- Email: jduffy [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
Zoe Gensheimer, Community Forestry Coordinator
Zoe leads community tree plantings and maintenance. She organizes our free tree giveaway program and assists with ecoliteracy and educational activities.
She grew up in Baltimore City and plans to stay here for a long time, working with friends, family, and local communities to return it to a forest.
- Phone: 410 961-1519
- Email: zgensheimer [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- B.A. Visual Arts and Photography (University of Maryland)
Jessie Hillman, Stormwater Program Manager
Jessie manages stormwater projects in collaboration with a range of community groups and congregations. She also represents Blue Water Baltimore in the a cross-sector collaborative called the Baltimore Environmental Equity Partnership.
She joined the Blue Water Baltimore team in 2015 with extensive experience in community outreach and non-profit administration. Outside of work, Jessie enjoys living aboard sailboat her in the Inner Harbor.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 114
- Email: jhillman [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- Master of City and Regional Planning (Morgan State University); B.A. Cultural Anthropology (Reed College)
Sarah Holter, Development & Engagement Coordinator / Waterkeeper Project Assistant
Sarah Holter assists the Development Manager and Executive Director with fundraising, event planning, and office administration. Sarah also assists the Waterkeeper team in the field as a Project Assistant, collecting and transporting water quality samples.
- Email: sholter [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- B.A. Economics, Environmental Economics concentration (St. Mary’s College)
Francine Housier, HR Manager
Francine Housier manages Blue Water Baltimore’s human resource functions, including HR compliance, recruitment and on-boarding, employee relations, staff development, payroll, and benefits.
She previously worked in human resources and operations at The Nature Conservancy’s global headquarters in Arlington, Virginia. After arriving in Baltimore in 2009, she began consulting with area non-profit organizations about their human resource needs and issues.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 110
- Email: fhousier [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- B.S. Psychology (James Madison University)
Rob Jenkins, Nursery Manager
With more than 23 years of experience in Maryland’s horticulture industry, Rob Jenkins oversees the daily operations of our Herring Run Nursery. He primarily oversees the production and retail aspects of the nursery.
While working on his master’s degree, Rob interned with Blue Water Baltimore’s water quality monitoring program and the Maryland Department of the Environment. He soon joined us full-time as our Nursery Manager.
- Phone: 844.756.8688
- Email: rjenkins [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- M.S. Environmental Science and B.S. Biology (Towson University)
Barbara Johnson, Water Quality Scientist
As Water Quality Scientist, Barbara Johnson provides support for the ambient water quality monitoring program under the Baltimore Harbor Waterkeeper. Barbara also runs our Outfall Screening Blitz program and our Pollution Reporting 101 trainings and conducts pollution investigations when problems are reported by community members.
Before joining Blue Water Baltimore, Barbara interned with our water quality monitoring program and earned a B.A. in Environmental Sustainability and Human Ecology from the University of Baltimore.
- Email: bjohnson [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- B.A. Environmental Sustainability and Human Ecology (University of Baltimore)
Mary Lewis, Herring Run Nursery Coordinator
With more than eight years of experience, Mary Lewis is responsible for the development of nursery outreach and interactive programs at our Herring Run Nursery.
- Email: mlewis [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- B.A. Environmental Science, Sociology minor (Salisbury University); Certified Professional Horticulturalist (Maryland Nursery Landscape and Greenhouse Association)
John Marra, Ecoliteracy & Restoration Specialist
John manages our storm drain art program and leads many of our ecoliteracy programs and green infrastructure projects.
As an Eagle Scout since 1999, Americorps member, and a founding member of the Baltimore Rock Opera Society, John Marra strongly believes in the importance of volunteerism, community involvement and do-it-yourself ethics.
- Email: jmarra [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- B.A. (Goucher College)
Jeff Missouri, Administrative & Facilities Coordinator
Jeff provides administrative and facilities support at Blue Water Baltimore. Jeff manages building maintenance, information technology, mail services, and customer service.
Jeff has many years of experience in real estate management, contract management, event planning, and logistics in campus and hospital settings. In his free time, Jeffrey is a mentor who supports young teens in Baltimore through Project Raise.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 113
- Email: jmissouri [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
Corbin Sulton, Implementation Senior Coordinator
Corbin implements our landscape and stormwater restoration projects. He also supervises and mentors our field crew in their daily work. Corbin is a certified professional in erosion and sediment control and is proficient in using heavy machinery and a variety of hand tools.
Alice Volpitta, Lead Water Quality Scientist
As our lead scientist, Alice manages our ambient water quality monitoring program under the Baltimore Harbor Waterkeeper. She also assists with managing our pollution reporting hotline and enforcement efforts.
Alice previously managed the Maryland Department of Natural Resources’ Non-Tidal Network Program and carrying out monitoring surveys across the state.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 111
- Email: avolpitta [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- B.A. Biology, Environmental Science Minor (St. Mary’s College)
Robert Walker, Implementation Coordinator
Robert ensures thorough implementation, completion, and accuracy of inspection reports for our restoration projects. He is also responsible for planting street trees and the construction and landscaping of environmental stormwater projects and rain gardens within the Baltimore region.
Prior to joining Blue Water Baltimore, Robert worked with the Center for Urban Families and is an Army veteran.
Peter Weitzmann, Database Specialist
Peter is determined to use data and technology to promote solutions to environmental and social issues in Baltimore. Peter works to support our programmatic and development goals by overseeing the collection, organization, and utilization of data.
In his free time, Peter plays guitar with his band.
- Phone: 410.254.1577 ext. 120
- Email: pweitzmann [at] bluewaterbaltimore.org
- B.A. Anthropology (Hamilton College)
Marissa Zuckerman, Communications Specialist
Marissa is passionate about all things marketing, communications, and public relations; Marissa manages our website, newsletter, blog, social media, and news/media coverage.
In her free time, Marissa plays rugby, hunts for fossils, and volunteers through Habitat for Humanity.
- Phone: 443.610.6958
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- M.A. Strategic Communication, Science Communication concentration (American University); B.S. Environmental Science, Environmental Economics concentration (Ithaca College)