Trees make a big impact for clean water and healthier, happier communities.
Our Community Forestry team has planted thousands of trees across the Baltimore region. Thanks to the helping hands of volunteers, we plant, water, mulch, and maintain hundreds of new trees annually.
Why do trees matter so much? In Baltimore, trees help to:
- Improve air quality and protect human health
- Keep our communities cooler and combat “heat islands“
- Reduce energy bills
- Increase property values
- Beautify neighborhoods
- Keep our water clean!
How to Help
- Volunteer at an upcoming tree planting
Buy a native tree at our Herring Run Nursery
Take home a free tree at one of our free tree giveaways
- Contact us to coordinate a tree planting at your neighborhood, school, business, or faith group
- Join Baltimore’s TreeKeepers program and receive free training on all things trees