Tree Planting in New Broadway East: Day 2
Wednesday, April 28 • 12:00 pm • 3:00 pm
Photo by Zoe Gensheimer
Get your hands dirty for clean water and a greener East Baltimore!
Join us & our partners at the the New Broadway East Community Association (NBECA) and Baltimore Environmental Equity Partnership (BEEP) on Friday, April 30th from 12 – 3 pm for a volunteer tree planting.
This spring, we have established COVID-19 protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff. Please carefully read and follow our guidelines.
- We all know that team work makes the dream work, so bring your Quaranteam! Quaranteams are defined as those who cohabitate and are quarantining together during the pandemic. Volunteers are also welcome to plant solo but must remain at least 6 ft apart during the event. Each individual needs to sign up separately and sign our waiver and safety guidelines.
- The planting area will be divided up into smaller zones to avoid gatherings. Face coverings are required over your mouth and nose.
- Bring your own gloves and tools if possible. If you don’t have these, no worries! We will provide supplies.
- Please review our ‘How to Plant‘ resource prior to attending the event to limit in-person demonstrations.
- Finally, our tree planting projects are rain or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather. Wear clothes and sturdy shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty or wet. Don’t forget your reusable water bottle to reduce waste!
We can’t wait to make Baltimore cleaner and greener together soon!
Many thanks to our partners & collaborators who make this work possible! Funding provided by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation and trees provided by Baltimore City Department of Recreation and Parks Forestry Division- TreeBaltimore Program.