- This event has passed.
Sudbrook Neighborhood Tree Planting
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 • 12:00 pm • 3:00 pm
Get your hands dirty for clean water and a greener Sudbrook!
Join us on Tuesday, November 17th from 12-3 pm for a weekday afternoon volunteer tree planting in the Sudbrook Park neighborhood of northwest Baltimore. Together we will install new yard trees across the community! Volunteers will be spaced out in smaller zones to promote socially distanced planting fulfilling the greening master plan for the site. You may need to drive their personal vehicles short distances during the event to reach the various zones.
This fall, we have new COVID-19 protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff. Please carefully read and follow our guidelines.
- We all know that team work makes the dream work, so bring your Quaranteam! Quaranteams are defined as those who cohabitate and are quarantining together during the pandemic. Volunteers are also welcome to plant solo but must remain at least 6 ft apart during the event.
- Each individual needs to sign up separately and sign our waiver and safety guidelines.
- The planting area will be divided up into smaller zones to avoid gatherings.
- Face coverings are required over your mouth and nose.
- Bring your own gloves and tools if possible. If you don’t have these, no worries! We will provide sanitized supplies.
- Please review our ‘How to Plant‘ resources prior to attending the event to limit in-person demonstrations.
- Finally, our tree planting projects are rain or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather. Wear clothes and sturdy shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty or wet.
- Don’t forget your reusable water bottle to reduce waste!
Thanks to our wonderful partners and funders who make this work possible!
Come plant & play in the dirt!