- This event has passed.
Curtis Bay Neighborhood Weekday Street Tree Planting
Tuesday, November 10, 2020 • 12:00 pm • 3:00 pm
Get your hands dirty for clean water and a greener Curtis Bay!
Join us on Tuesday, November 10th from 12-3pm for a weekday afternoon volunteer tree planting in the South Baltimore neighborhood of Curtis Bay. Together we will install over 150 new street trees for the community! Volunteers will be spaced out in smaller zones to promote socially distanced planting.
This fall, we have new COVID-19 protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff. Please carefully read and follow our guidelines.
- We all know that team work makes the dream work, so bring your Quaranteam! Quaranteams are defined as those who cohabitate and are quarantining together during the pandemic. Volunteers are also welcome to plant solo but must remain at least 6 ft apart during the event.
- Each individual needs to sign up separately and sign our waiver and safety guidelines.
- The planting area will be divided up into smaller zones to avoid gatherings.
- Face coverings are required over your mouth and nose.
- Bring your own gloves and tools if possible. If you don’t have these, no worries! We will provide sanitized supplies.
- Please review our ‘How to Plant‘ resources prior to attending the event to limit in-person demonstrations.
- Finally, our tree planting projects are rain or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather. Wear clothes and sturdy shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty or wet.
- Don’t forget your reusable water bottle to reduce waste!
Thanks to our wonderful partners at The Greater Baybrook Alliance, Curtis Bay Community Association, Filbert Street Community Garden, and The Port Administration who make this work possible!
Come plant & play in the dirt!