Oliver Neighborhood Weekend Street Tree Planting
Saturday, October 31 • 9:00 am • 12:00 pm
Get your hands dirty for clean water and a greener Oliver!
Join us on Saturday, October 31st from 9am-12pm for a volunteer tree planting in the Oliver neighborhood of East Baltimore. Together we will install over 130 new street trees for the community! Volunteers will be spaced out in smaller zones to promote socially distanced planting.
This fall, we have new COVID-19 protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff. Please carefully read and follow our guidelines.
- We all know that team work makes the dream work, so bring your Quaranteam! Quaranteams are defined as those who cohabitate and are quarantining together during the pandemic. Volunteers are also welcome to plant solo but must remain at least 6 ft apart during the event.
- Each individual needs to sign up separately and sign our waiver and safety guidelines.
- The planting area will be divided up into smaller zones to avoid gatherings.
- Face coverings are required over your mouth and nose.
- Bring your own gloves and tools if possible. If you don’t have these, no worries! We will provide sanitized supplies.
- Please review our ‘How to Plant‘ resources prior to attending the event to limit in-person demonstrations.
- Finally, our tree planting projects are rain or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather. Wear clothes and sturdy shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty or wet.
- Don’t forget your reusable water bottle to reduce waste!
Thanks to our wonderful partners on The Oliver Action Team, Rebuild Metro, BUILD, Interfaith Partners for the Chesapeake and Neighborhood Design Center who make this work possible!
Come plant & play in the dirt!
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW FULL!
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT ANOTHER PLANTING EVENT THIS SEASON.