- This event has passed.
Watershed Public Charter School Tree Planting
Saturday, October 10 • 9:00 am • 12:00 pm
Get your hands dirty for clean water and a greener Watershed Public Charter School!
Join us on Saturday, October 10th from 9am-12pm for a volunteer tree planting to install 54 new trees on the campus of both Watershed Public Charter School and St Gabriel Catholic Church! Volunteers will be spaced out in groups of 10 in a zone to promote socially distanced planting fulfilling the greening master plan for the site.
This fall, we have new COVID-19 protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff. Please carefully read and follow our guidelines, you will commit to these policies in our waiver and they will guide our tree planting event.
- We all know that team work makes the dream work, so bring your Quaranteam! Quaranteams are defined as those who cohabitate and are quarantining together during the pandemic. Volunteers are also welcome to plant solo but must remain at least 6 ft apart during the event.
- Each individual needs to sign up separately and sign our waiver and safety guidelines.
- The planting area will be divided up into smaller zones to avoid gatherings.
- Face coverings are required over your mouth and nose.
- Bring your own gloves and tools if possible. If you don’t have these, no worries! We will provide sanitized supplies.
- Please review our ‘How to Plant’ resources prior to attending the event to limit in-person demonstrations.
- Finally, our tree planting projects are rain or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather. Wear clothes and sturdy shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty or wet.
- Don’t forget your reusable water bottle to reduce waste!
Thanks to our wonderful partners at the Watershed Public Charter School, St. Gabriel Catholic Church, and National Wildlife Federation. This project was made possible by the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation’s Chesapeake Bay Stewardship Fund.
Come plant & play in the dirt!
THIS EVENT IS FULL! THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST IN TREES!
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND IF YOU DID NOT PRE-REGISTER. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AT ANOTHER PLANTING EVENT THIS FALL!
(If you are affiliated directly with the Watershed School or St. Gabriel and are still trying to register, please email [email protected])