Sudbrook Park Invasive Vine Removal
Thursday, January 28 • 1:00 pm • 3:00 pm
A little care goes a long way in the life of a tree!
Join Blue Water Baltimore’s Forestry Team on Tu BiShvat (New Year for the Trees). Help us protect our young trees by removing climbing invasive vines at Sudbrook Park. Novice volunteers and expert WeedWarriors alike are welcome to attend.
- Please be prepared for working outdoors in cold weather.
- Our tree planting projects are rain or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather.
- Wear lots of layers, warm boots, and gloves. This site is quite swampy! Wear tall waterproof boots.
- Bring your own tools (hand pruners and loppers) if possible. If you don’t have these, no worries! We will provide supplies.
- Check out this tutorial video made by our lovely partners at Baltimore City Weed Warriors for tips & tricks on proper vine removal. Note that we will be working with much younger trees and vines than represented in the video.
- Don’t forget a reusable water bottle!
This winter, we have established COVID-19 protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff. Please carefully read and follow our guidelines.
- We all know that team work makes the dream work, so bring your Quaranteam! Quaranteams are defined as those who cohabitate and are quarantining together during the pandemic. Volunteers are also welcome to work solo but must remain at least 6 ft apart during the event.
- Each individual needs to sign up separately and sign our waiver and safety guidelines.
- The area will be divided up into smaller zones to avoid gatherings.
- Face coverings are required over your mouth and nose.
Thanks to our wonderful partners and funders who make this work possible!
Note: Photos of folks without masks were taken pre-pandemic.