- This event has passed.
Tree Pruning Party on North Ave
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 • 10:00 am • 1:00 pm
Have you ever wanted to learn how to properly prune a tree so that it stays healthy and grows big & strong? A little care goes a long way in the life of an urban tree!
Join Blue Water Baltimore’s Forestry Team for a Pruning Party to help us prune and maintain some of our trees in West Baltimore communities along North Avenue. Novice volunteers and expert TreeKeepers alike are welcome to attend. This event counts toward your TK certification.
- Please be prepared for working outdoors in cold weather.
- Our tree planting projects are rain or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather.
- Wear lots of layers, warm boots, and gloves. Hats and sunglasses are also strongly encouraged
- Don’t forget a reusable water bottle!
This winter, we have established COVID-19 protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff. Please carefully read and follow our guidelines.
- We all know that team work makes the dream work, so bring your Quaranteam! Quaranteams are defined as those who cohabitate and are quarantining together during the pandemic. Volunteers are also welcome to work solo but must remain at least 6 ft apart during the event.
- Each individual needs to sign up separately and sign our waiver and safety guidelines.
- The pruning area will be divided up into smaller zones to avoid gatherings.
- Face coverings are required over your mouth and nose.
- Bring your own gloves and tools if possible. If you don’t have these, no worries! We will provide supplies.
Useful tools include:
Hand pruner (bypass)
Thanks to our wonderful partners and funders who make this work possible!
For a refresher on pruning young trees, check out this resource from University of MD Extension.
Note: Photos of folks without masks were taken pre-pandemic.