- This event has passed.
MLK Day: Tree Care in Cherry Hill
Monday, January 18 • 10:00 am • 1:00 pm
A little care goes a long way in the life of a tree!
Join Blue Water Baltimore’s Forestry Team in Cherry Hill on Martin Luther King Jr Day to help us care for our recently planted trees. Tasks may include: tree pruning, weeding, and removing old stakes and deer fence. Novice volunteers and expert TreeKeepers alike are welcome to attend.
- Please be prepared for working outdoors in cold weather.
- Our tree planting projects are rain or shine, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather.
- Wear lots of layers, warm boots, and gloves. Hats and sunglasses are also strongly encouraged
- Don’t forget a reusable water bottle!
This winter, we have established COVID-19 protocols and procedures to ensure the safety of volunteers and staff. Please carefully read and follow our guidelines.
- We all know that team work makes the dream work, so bring your Quaranteam! Quaranteams are defined as those who cohabitate and are quarantining together during the pandemic. Volunteers are also welcome to work solo but must remain at least 6 ft apart during the event.
- Each individual needs to sign up separately and sign our waiver and safety guidelines.
- The pruning area will be divided up into smaller zones to avoid gatherings.
- Face coverings are required over your mouth and nose.
- Bring your own gloves and tools if possible. If you don’t have these, no worries! We will provide supplies.
Thanks to our wonderful partners and funders who make this work possible!
Note: Photos of folks without masks were taken pre-pandemic.