How to get a summer job at Blue Water Baltimore
Want to learn about careers in the green industry?
Interested in gaining job skills in landscaping and tree maintenance?
Blue Water Baltimore will host eight summer interns through Baltimore City’s Youthworks Program.
We will hire outstanding local youth for these positions who are interested in working to help our community and our environment.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Baltimore City residents aged 16-21. If you have outside allergies or an inability to work outside in hot weather, you should not apply.
WHAT IS THE JOB LIKE?
Be part of a team to water and care for city trees and help them survive over the long, dry summer. Most work will occur outdoors in hot, humid conditions. Get outstanding training and mentorship.
WHAT IS THE PAY?
$8.25/hr for 25 hrs/week from June 27th -August 5th- 7 weeks.
All applicants for the 2016 Blue Water Baltimore summer jobs program must complete four steps:
- Complete your pre-registration between by March 11 online at http://youthworks.oedworks.com/ They will email you a confirmation and ask you to schedule an in-person appointment (step 2).
- Attend an in-person certification appointment via Youthworks between January 27 and April 2, 2016. They will give you a certification receipt to provide to Blue Water Baltimore (step 3).
- Scan and email, mail, fax, or deliver your certification receipt to Elizabeth Fortson:
- Mail/Drop Off: 3545 Belair Road, Baltimore, Maryland 21213 Fax: 443-872-857
- Email: email@example.com
- Once your receipt has been received, Elizabeth will contact you to set up an interview to ensure you are a fit with our program. Interviews will be scheduled by April 6, 2015.
For questions, please email or call Elizabeth between business hours (M-F, 9am-5pm) at 603-568-4646 or call the YouthWorks program at 410-396-5627.