More than 70 trees planted to honor late Rep. Cummings
Last Saturday morning – October 26, 2019 – Blue Water Baltimore, the Port of Baltimore, and HeartSmiles hosted a tree planting in honor of late Representative Elijah E. Cummings.
More than 70 volunteers planted 73 trees along the Port’s Broening Highway. Each tree pays tribute to his outstanding leadership and dedication to Baltimore’s youth and environment.
“Congressman Cummings advocated for all of Baltimore and for a greater degree of civility and compassion in all our collective work,” said Jenn Aiosa, Blue Water Baltimore’s executive director. “Coming together for this tree planting represents his vision and what he stood for.”
Blue Water Baltimore is also grateful to every single volunteer and organization that joined:
- Alpha Phi Omega (Johns Hopkins)
- Bloomberg Philanthropies
- Congressman John Sarbanes
- Cub Scout Pack 858
- Ecologix Group, Inc.
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Maryland Port Administration
- Phi Sigma Kappa (University of Maryland)
- Women’s Traffic and Transportation Club of Baltimore